Travel advice

Are you travelling to a foreign country?wijnhoff, Roover1

If you want to take your pet abroad, there are several requirements. For every country in Europe, as well as Switzerland, your pet must meet the following requirements:

  • The pet must have a European passport
  • The animal must have a micro-transponder (chip). Pay attention! A tattoo is no longer valid
  • The animal must be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before you leave, and must have a valid vaccination for the duration of your trip

For the UK, Ireland, and Malta, there are extra requirements, such as deworming treatment. When animals are going to travel outside Europe, sometimes a blood test is needed. Depending on where an animal has travelled, a blood test may also be necessary to re-enter the Netherlands. Keep in mind that this procedure can take weeks. More requirements can be found on, or you are welcome to ask us for advice.

We can help you travel with your pet anywhere in the world.