Veterinary clinic Vondelpark remains open
Amsterdam largest veterinary clinic Vondelpark takes the presence and spread of the coronavirus very seriously. We realize that we are important for the pets’ health in Amsterdam and we will therefore remain open. In order to do this responsibly, we have taken a number of practical measures, and we kindly ask your support in execution.
The measures we will take as from Monday 16th March are:
- We will work in two physically separated shifts, so with two teams that are not in contact with each other. Due to this schedule change, we are unable to maintain our regular opening hours and we will TEMPORARILY open from 8.30 am to 6 pm (instead of 8.30 am to 8 pm). We will continue to be open on Saturdays between 10 am and 1 pm.
- We let a maximum of 1 client (with or without a pet) into the waiting room. So you may have to wait outside. If more people have to wait (and it is very cold), we may already guide you to another waiting room. We will help you as soon as possible.
- We adhere everywhere to the minimum recommended distance of one and a half meters for your and our own safety. If assistance is needed during the examination of your pet, we may ask you to wait outside the consulting room.
- We schedule more time between appointments, so that the waiting room is always as empty as possible.
- We will ask you to postpone appointments that have no real urgency in consultation or, if possible, move them to our clinic in Heemstede.
- We do not make house visits during this period. If you cannot go outside, we can collect your pet for treatment within a radius of 1 km from our practice.
- We offer the possibility of an e-consultation to assess whether it is necessary to visit us with your animal. The price of an e-consultation will be €12.50.
- We offer the possibility of delivering food and medicines within the Amsterdam highway ring on Wednesday afternoon. The additional costs will be €7.50 per visit.
- We regularly clean and disinfect all handles of doors and other common surfaces as well as our hands.
- We will not shake hands with our clients, but of course we will with our patients.
- We will wash our hands continuously.
We ask your support to:
- Limit the number of owners that come to us with the pet to 1.
- Be exactly on time for your appointment.
- DO NOT come to the practice if you have symptoms of a cold or cough, sore throat or fever.
- Don’t shake hands with us.
- Wash your hands before and after contact with our practice.
- Pay by debit card, or even better, contactless.
Thank you in advance!